From the fresh, regional ingredients to the traditional recipes and of course the flair and passion of our head chef, Ossigeno showcases deliciously rustic Italian cuisine at its finest.
The stylish setting is perfect for focusing on an inventive approach to Italian cuisine, presented in new and exciting ways: try...
- Adopt and maintain word-class environmental standards; developing the required mechanisms for their implementation in alignment with the vision of the Government of Dubai and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
- Minimize waste and pollution by reducing, re-using, repairing, re-filling and recycling the resources consumed by our business, whenever appropriate.
- Conserve natural resources by raising the level of environmental awareness among our associates, guests and communities through various initiatives and community involvement events.
- Green Key Certified: the hotel has certification from the Green Key since January 2013 for its efforts in regards to environmental awareness, sustainability practices and initiatives.
- Art from waste: re-using has never been more creative and innovative. Our associates have re-used glass bottles, CD cases, matchboxes, tissue boxes, cans, bottle corks to create art, all showcased in the heart of house areas of the resort.
- Color-coded heart of house recycling bins promote recycling of paper, glass bottles, plastic and cans.
- We have also partnered with Union Paper Mills to recycle cooking oil, cardboard, cans, and paper throughout Le Royal Méridien Beach Resort and Spa.
- Our dedicated Green Corner in the heart of house promotes environmental awareness among our ambassadors. It also features a dedicated drop box for old printer cartridges from the offices to ensure these are all sent back to the supplier to be re-filled and re-used without any waste.
- Clean up the world: Our associates participate in the annual Clean Up The World campaign organized by Dubai Municipality The resort recycles waste water, treating it to be re-used in the landscaped gardens.
- Products from some of our spa partners such as Elemis, and Pevonia, used in spa treatments across Le Royal Méridien Beach Resort and Spa are made up of 100% natural ingredients.
- “Choose Your Fish Wisely” sustainable choice campaign: ensuring our menu options for fish do not include the “orange spotted grouper” fish which is a very popular choice in the UAE. Other endangered seafood we do not have on our menus include hammour, blue fin tuna , shark, sea turtle, and whale. Where possible the lighting wattage has been reduced to support our Green Initiatives throughout the hotel with regular review of our lighting schemes. Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort and Spa is also in the process of replacing light bulbs throughout the hotel into energy efficient ones (i.e. LED light).
- ECO fair: bi-annual fair that sells lots of old items from the hotel such as blankets, pillows, crockery, cutlery, and other equipment and furniture at affordable prices. In 2013, we raised more than AED 52,000, which was donated to the Starwood “Road to Awareness” programmer in support of UNICEF.
- The Make a Green Choice effectively reduces our impact on the environment by preserving fresh drinking water and reducing our overall energy consumption. Our guests in return are incentivized for their participation, receiving a small reward - a $5 voucher at participating food and beverage outlets or 500 Starpoints awarded at check-out for each night they decline housekeeping (except day of departure). Guests staying for minimum of 2 nights are invited to participate upon check-in.
“Did you know that in 2013, 640 guests participated in Make a Green Choice?”
- Le Royal Méridien Beach Resort + Spa became the first Eco- hotel in the Middle East in November 1999.
- The resort has been audited by German technical services company TUV Rheinland on several occasions, each time scoring above 97% until 2012. The hotel is now evaluated by the Green Key.